I suffer from a newly named condition called Momnesia. Oh, momnesia has been around since women started having babies, but it has only recently received this name. It is the condition that starts, usually during pregnancy, and then continues while your children are young--episodes of forgetfulness here and there. Like the time I left the house with diapers for both boys, but no wipes. You can imagine my surprise when I went to change a poopy diaper--not a pretty picture (wet toilet paper just isn't quite the same). Or, for example, all the times that I write blog entries in my head, only to have them completely leave my brain the minute I actually sit down to write them out. However, I have found that in the presence of momnesia, other senses are more heightened. For example--I have the ability to find missing socks that I know I never could have found before I became a mother. Or, the ability to know exactly what it is that your child wants without his uttering a single word. Yes, having momnesia can drive me a bit crazy, but it is a trade off...besides, I have read that in studies of those with momnesia, they have found that once your "brain" comes back to you, it is even more finely tuned than before. When that will happen, I'm not sure--but I'm looking forward to it!
So, all of that was to set up the fact that I completely forgot what I was going to write about. I guess I'm more tired than I thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment