Friday, November 2, 2007

Mama, See you

Enrique is definitely becoming so aware of his surroundings...and how he can manipulate them. He did the funniest thing the other day. I was laying on my bed on my side (because laying other ways is becoming pretty uncomfortable) and he sat on my hip. Next thing I know, he has slid down my belly and says "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" So, my belly has become not only the protector/incubator of our unborn child, but it also now doubles as a slide :-)

So, on to the reason for the title of my blog today. I have written a lot about our adventures in bedtime. I have to say that Enrique is getting better. Last night, overall, was much better than usual. At 7:30 PM, we started with bathtime. By 8 PM, we were putting on pajamas, brushing teeth, reading our book, singing our night time songs, and tucking him in to his bed. Lights out, mommy goes to her room. Next thing I know, I hear very soft little footsteps. I decided to try to catch him before he actually made it to my room, so I stood outside of his door to see what he would do. I heard his door open just a little bit...once he saw me, I heard him close the door (also very quietly), and run back to his bed. We played this game probably 3-4 times. At about the 5th time, he opened the door to his room just a little bit more, and I heard "mama, see you." It was the cutest thing, and it was so hard not to laugh as I led him back to his bed and told him "it's time for you to stay in bed, it's nite nite. We will play in the morning." Somehow, he finally got the idea and stayed in bed from then. When I got back to my room, it was only 8:40 PM. Hey, that is REAL progress for us :-) I was pleased.

Enrique has learned that if he gets out of his bed and steps lightly on a mat that he has next to his bed, then, we cannot hear his footsteps. A few nights ago, we had a bit of a scare...Again, he had been put to bed as usual, and he was getting out of bed, coming over to my room, and I would have to lead him back to his bed. After a few times of this, he became a bit smarter and would step on his mat. I would not hear him until he made it into my room. One time, he army crawled to my room and I didn't notice he was there until he tugged at the comforter on my bed!!! Finally, I led him back, and I neither heard him, nor did he come into my room, so I thought he was asleep in his bed. About 5 minutes later, Jose comes into our room with Enrique in his arms. Apparantly, Mr. Enrique had quietly made his way out of his room, down the stairs to the 1st level, and then, down the stairs to the basement where daddy was waiting. Oh, what a little boogie!!

No comments: