This week, I have started my orientation for my job. So far, it's been okay and I can't complain. The real work starts next week, but thankfully, they are going to put me on a light schedule for the first few weeks. I found out on Wednesday that my appointments are going to be in 10 minute increments. I'm used to more of a 15 minute visit, but will adjust to having only 10 minutes. I think for anything that is more complicated than a cold and perhaps a brief visit for just one chronic problem, I will have to try to find a way to put them in a 20 minute slot instead. I'm excited because not only will I be seeing kids and adults, but Wednesdays all day and Friday mornings will be my prenatal days. I will be seeing pregnant women until about 34-36 weeks, at which time I hand them off to the University of Louisville providers who will prepare them for delivery. I really enjoyed taking care of prenatal patients in Charlottesville, and I am looking forward to it here. Having been pregnant in the recent past, I feel a certain kinship with pregnant women, and I think that I have a lot to offer them in terms of advice/expertise. There isn't much I didn't try for nausea during pregnancy, so I can sympathize with that.
Things seem to be working out well with Hayette, our babysitter. It has been so nice not to have to drag the kids out in coats to get to daycare. I hadn't realized how much that actually adds to your commute to work! She is very good at engaging Enrique in the games he loves, and also in giving him his "alone time." She seems to really love Moises, and cuddles him and always tells me about new things that he has done in that day. I have to say that there is a small part of me that is a bit jealous of the time she spends with my boys, but it does feel good to be going back to work. Plus, I do still get some good quality time with my boys. Enrique has been doing fairly well with the changes. Unfortunately, I think that he is "acting out" with his sleep. The past few nights, he has been up a lot, which means that no one has gotten a good night's rest. I'm hoping that this will all settle down over the next few weeks as we all get adjusted to my working.
I will try to keep you posted on all of our adventures as best as I can in the coming weeks. I told Jose that he either has to give me time to write in my blog, or hire me a counselor :-) I didn't realize how therapeutic writing in the blog had been for me until I had gone relatively long periods of time without writing in it...so thank you all for being my "counselors."
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you going back to work. Good for you. It's good for those little boys to see their momma working - and healing people is such good work. I wish you were my doctor!
In fact, if I'm one of your counselors, maybe you can be one of my doctors? If get pregnant again, I'm going to ask for all of your nausea advice!
Post a Comment