Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mommy's Nite Out

This past Saturday, I went on my first mommy's night out with 3 of the other mommies from my mommy's group. We went to dinner at a restaurant that was very close to my house (within walking distance), so I didn't have to feel guilty about the fried crabcakes that I enjoyed that evening. Hahahaha We had lovely conversation and the food was very good!!! Afterwards, we went to a comedy club. The first comedian wasn't all that funny, the second comedian was okay. the second one looked a bit like an older and less attractive Ray Romano. He kept poking fun at his big honker nose, which I have to say, I had noticed...The third comedian was named Spanky Brown (with a name like Spanky, how can you forget???). I thought he was pretty funny. His comedy wasn't too vulgar and he wasn't cursing every 2 seconds like some other comedians do. Overall, I'd say we had a good time, and we're hoping to do it again some time. You may not believe this, but we did all of this, and I was at my house by 9 PM. hahahaha We are definitely early birds!

Other than that, Hayatte (our nanny) started this week. I have to say that it's been a bit weird to have her here while I've been here. When Moises cries or Enrique wants something, my first impulse is to jump up and do it; today, I have been trying to give her some space to get a bit more accustomed to being here by herself with them. I can hear Enrique laughing as they play with his toys, or put together his alphabet puzzle, and it brings me both joy and angst. I think that my going back to work will be better for all of us, in the end, but I know that the transition is going to be hard (probably harder on me than on anyone else!!!). I try to focus on the fact that I will be home with the boys 2 days a week and most weekends, and only at work M,W,F, and the occasional Saturday or evening. My hours are actually very good, especially when I take into account the number of hours I had been working in residency not too long ago. Besides, I do miss practicing medicine, and I have worked very hard to get to this point...I start on Monday, but the first two days are orientation. I think I don't get thrown to the wolves (i.e. start seeing patients) until Wednesday :-) Wish us all a lot of luck!

I have not received any pics from my parents' anniversary party, yet, but I will try to post pics as soon as I can!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wow...you start work on Monday? Yay! That's awesome, Dr. Luz!