Yesterday, I received a lesson in how well Enrique listens and absorbs what I tell him. I was looking up something on the internet on our laptop. Enrique is drawn to it like a moth to a flame--he likes to point out all of the colors that he sees on the screen. Sometimes, he gets a bit TOO close, and tries to touch the keys or the screen. When this happens, Jose and I have gotten into the habit of saying, "don't touch. It's daddy's." Well, yesterday, as I was surfing the internet, he got a bit too close for comfort...and as per usual, I told him "no, no, don't touch. Remember, it's daddy's." Being the excellent listener that he is (although it is SELECTIVE listening), he backed away from the computer. I started to type something and he grabbed my hands away from the computer. "no, no, mama. You no daddy." was the reply from my little boy. I thought I was hearing things, so I started to type again, and he took my hands away from the keyboard and said, "no, you no daddy." I guess I can't blame the kid--I did say it was daddy's. All I could do was just power down the computer and laugh. He's always doing little things like that which remind me of how vigilant I need to be about what I say and do because he absorbs EVERYTHING!
On another note, I just wanted to let you all know that I passed my 3 hr glucose test, so I do not officially have gestational diabetes. Yeah! I felt like a human pin cushion after it was done, but it was worth it for the peace of mind :-)
1 comment:
I haven't been able to post any comments lately because I couldn't remember my login information...geez...
I'm so glad that you passed your "test" I remember when I had a 6 hour glucose. HORRIBLE. I can't imagine doing it while pregnant.
Enrique is so smart! Maybe you should tell him that it's Mommy and Daddy's :)
Post a Comment