Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Enrique Turns 2

On October 1st, my sweet little boy turned 2 years old. I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by. It seems as if it were only yesterday that I was holding him in my arms for the first time. Now, he can walk, talk, run, kick a ball, draw a circle, name 4-5 shapes, name the primary colors, and obviously, melt the heart of his mom and dad with a simple smile. What a difference a few years make!

For his special day, I made him a birthday lasagna (which he called "pizza") and a small birthday brownie. We ate as a family, had his brownie (he's not a huge cake fan), and opened gifts. I thought this year, he would be a little more into opening his presents, but he seemed to lose interest pretty quickly. I ended up "helping" him to open his presents. His grandparents all spoiled him with a really cute sweatsuit and books with CD's. We also had the pleasure of quite a few phone calls, emails, well wishes for Enrique from friends/family for his birthday. It made us all feel very special that so many people remembered and were thinking of all of us on his special day. We are truly blessed :-)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't get to call you guys back this weekend! It was super crazy for me. I'm actually home sick today...

Anyway, I'm glad you all had a good 2nd birthday. He's so cute. It's ridiculous really how cute he is!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Uh huh...he doesn't like cake. I know you ate that brownie Luz :-p Just playing, you know I love you and hopefully I can come out with Ariella to visit you guys sometime!!! HAPPY 2 YEARS OF GREAT PARENTING TO YOU TWO!!

Nora said...

Could he be any cuter?

I don't think so.