to blogging! I have been told by various people that it is time to update my blog, and I can't say that I disagree. It's funny because I have probably written a million blog updates in my head; but whenever it's time to commit them to blogland, I always find excuses for not writing them. My usual excuses are time and sleep. But, I am feeling quite thankful and I want to remember this time...so I will try to update folks on our happenings.
Since I last wrote, Enrique turned 4, Moises turned 2, and this past week, we had my parents, Valerie, and Rishi over for Thanksgiving! The fall is a very busy time for us with birthdays and then the holidays. Enrique had a really fun birthday--we went to the zoo--and he and Moises had a joint birthday party. Our friend Alicia made the cake-- 1/2 Elmo and 1/2 Cookie Monster. It was awesome (and very tasty on top of it all!!!). It was a low key party with our friends Emma, Logan, and Patricio, and their parents. All in all, I think the kids had a good time :-)
Since I last wrote, we also had another trip to the Newport Aquarium. Although previous trips have been fun, this one was a complete blast! The aquarium wasn't very full, so we were able to give the boys more room to roam and really take our time at the exhibits. Enrique even surprised us by petting both a horseshoe crab and a starfish!!! He loved it! They also loved pointing out the different characters from Finding Nemo. The clownfish tank was very popular with us, as was the Amazon display with the Dory fish. Who could forget the shark Bruce and Mr. Ray??? Toward the end, Moises started getting a bit cranky, mostly because he's 2--and he gets moody sometimes--and because he was tired. We also ate at Johnny Rocket on the waterfront and had a little bit of a show when the staff danced to Respect by Aretha Franklin. We were exhausted by the end, but it was a good day.
Moises turned 2 the day before Thanksgiving. I found myself looking at his baby pictures and just feeling so overwhelmed by how much he has changed in these 2 years. He is a feisty one, that is for sure...and he is perfecting his tantrum show. Sometimes, it's just throwing himself on the ground; other times, it's all out flailing arms and legs and screaming at the top of his lungs. Yes, the 2's have arrived!
For Thanksgiving, we had my parents, Valerie and Rishi, Eugenia, Moises and Patricio over. It was wonderful! I think that everyone enjoyed themselves. Moises kept tackling poor Patricio, and even though they are just about 2 yrs apart, Moises actually weighs a pound or two more than Patricio (patricio will be 4 in december), so the wrestling is pretty competitive :-) There was lots of food, fun, conversation...all in all, a good time.
I took a bunch of pics and just finished uploading them to facebook. I will try to post a few here shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment