Thursday, August 21, 2008

Aboobabay

These days, understanding a 2 year old's language sometimes feels close to impossible. Don't get me wrong--Enrique is making grade strides every day in his language; however, he is still delayed in the things that he can and can't say, and he has a lot of difficulty with certain sounds (like the S sound in the first c of circle). It's kind of funny because I always try to teach him new words, and I feel like I'm in that episode of FRIENDS, in which Phoebe is trying to teach Joey French. He can pronounce things properly when saying them very slowly, but as he tries to say the words in "real time," they end up sounding like a bunch of mush and nothing like the actual words. It is hilarious.

I'll try to figure out a particular phrase that ends up sounding particularly funny and post it. It's all part of the learning process, right? He tries so hard it makes it all the more adorable :-)

No comments: