Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh Happy Day

On April 3, Jose finally became Dr. Fernandez. He traveled back to Charlottesville and defended his dissertation. After making him sweat it out for 15-20 minutes, his dissertation committee called him back in and greeted him as Dr. Fernandez. Unfortunately, the boys and I were unable to go with him to C'ville to celebrate the momentous occasion, but he called us right after it happened, and I have to say that I did jump up and down in my office in between patients :-) We are extremely relieved, and I could not be prouder of him. It has been a long hard road, but he has certainly persevered. Now, for the next step: publish or perish. Ah, the joys of academia. For now, we are just enjoying his most recent sucess. I feel like the luckiest gal in the world!

We will be going to Virginia for his official graduation in May. I can't wait to watch him walk down the Lawn at UVA, and I feel pretty confident that I will cry when they place his doctoral hood on him. I'm just so proud of him!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

AWESOME.

Sorry I have been so completely absent lately...to say life right now is chaotic would be an understatement...

Anyway, I love you guys!

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.