Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Viability

I have officially reached 24 weeks of pregnancy, which means that the munchkinator has reached an important milestone in life--viability. Should, heaven forbid, I go into early labor at this point, the munchkinator would have a chance at life outside of the safety of my womb. Granted, it would be a difficult start...but he would have a chance. God willing, we are going to meet him much closer to his actual due date. He seems to be pretty comfy in there--sometimes, it seems like he's practicing karate or playing ball in there or something. He's a pretty active little one. So, I'm not too worried about him :-)

Enrique has also reached a big milestone. The other night, he spontaneously gave his stuffed monkey a kiss on its nose. Then, I asked him for a kiss and he gladly gave it to me. He also smiled really big, as if to say "I know that I'm doing a good thing!" A few times during the summer, he spontaneously gave me a kiss, but this was the first time that he kissed one of his little buddies, and the first time he gave me a kiss when I asked. He now seems to understand what it's all about. I know that he's my kid, but he's just so cute :-) I think Jose and I are gonna really have to stay on our toes with these two kiddos :-)

No comments: