Wow, I cannot believe it has been more than one month since my last post. I have thought up many potential posts in the mean time, but just haven't quite made it to the computer to put them in writing. I think that since I last wrote, we have all been adjusting fairly well to life all together. Moises came home from the hospital on December 7th, weighing in at 5 lbs 6 oz, up 1 oz from his birthweight, with the only special instruction to supplement after breastfeeding. At his last appointment about 2 weeks ago, he weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. He has a faint heart murmur that he should grow out of, but overall, is doing great!!!
Enrique is adjusting pretty well. At first, he was hesitant about going near Moises, but he soon warmed up to him. Within a few days, I saw him pet his brother's head and smile. A few days later, he would point out Moises' different body parts and tell me what they are..."peet" (for feet), "NOH" for nose, "belly", etc. He has even tried to pick him up once. Last night, we were playing one of our favorite games--we call it Silly Hat--a game in which we use different things around us as silly hats. His favorite things to use for this game are the collander and the cupholders from Jose's recliner. After placing the cupholder on his head, and my head, he then placed it gently on Moises' head and said "silly hat." I felt like this was his way of officially accepting Moises into the family :-)
Jose and I are holding up pretty well. Jose has taken over the night time duties with Enrique, which has been a huge help. Moises is mostly a merciful baby and wakes about twice a night for feedings/diaper changes. He has his difficult nights in which he wakes up more than that, but usually, it's not too bad. I may even find a little time to get some exercise in starting soon :-)
1 comment:
You are holding up great, girl! Keep it up.
Post a Comment